TimeToSignUp admins can specify custom, pre-defined responses for participants to choose when signing up. Doing so creates a drop-down menu when participants are signing up.
For example, if your organization is providing t-shirts to all volunteers, you can have participants enter their t-shirt size. In our directions below, we will walk through setting up a field so that participants can choose their t-shirt size.
- Log in as a TimeToSignUp admin
- Go to Admin Options -> Fields: Edit Data You Collect
- Scroll to one of the fields that has a checkbox for "Custom Drop-Down Responses"
- Check the box for "Custom Drop-Down Responses
- In the text field that appears after you check the box for "Custom Drop-Down Responses," enter the choices that you are offering for participants to select when signing up
A few notes:
- Enter one choice per line
- Responses will be displayed to participants in the order displayed in your text field
- Participants can select only one option when signing up
- If including multipole languages, include both on the same line
- To see how your drop-down menu will appear, press the "preview" button.
After pressing the "preview" button, you will see your drop-down menu.
- To return to a "text field" instead of a drop-down menu, uncheck the "Custom Drop-Down Responses" checkbox
- When finished, press the save button at the bottom